FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER 2016
Created on Friday, 19 February 2016 15:08
Written by LCoC
FEBRUARY MEMBERSHIP NEWS
MONTHLY MEETING RECAP
- Meeting Locaation - Captains Inn
- New Memberships - SunnyRaes Kitchen
- Keynote Speak – Mike Pappas of SCORE discussing "The 5 Pitfalls to Success"
- February member spotlight winner - Lacey ELKS Lodge
- Next meeting date – 3/9/16 at Il Giardino
o Keynote speaker - Mike Forcella of Ocean County College
UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Events and Ambassador Committee 2/23/16 at 6:00 pm at the Worden House
UPCOMING CHAMBER EVENTS
- Lunch and Learn program will be held on 3/18/16 at the Lacey branch of the Ocean County Library starting at 12:00 pm. This is a free event with lunch being provided. The topic of discussion will be "What the Library has to Offer to you".
- Speed Networking Breakfast will be held on 3/22/16 at 8 am at the Lacey Elks Lodge
UPCOMING ADVERTISING OPPURTUNITIES
Business 2 Business Mailer - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED
The Board has made arrangements to send out a business to business mailer again to all of the businesses in Lacey Township. For those of you who might be newer to the Chamber or who might have forgotten what this is, the Chamber has previously collected flyers from a limited number of members, stuffed the envelopes and sent it out as a bulk mail item. It has been a little while since we last did this. However, we have gotten our hands on a new list (our old list was a bit stale), and we have made a new arrangement to have this mailer go out. This is TIME SENSITIVE though, and we need to know who wants in. This is open to the first 9 members who respond.
Here are the specifics: The cost to each participating member will be $275. This price is a total cost and includes the printing of 1100 single-sided black & white letter-sized flyers, the stuffing of the envelopes, and the sorting and postage to mail them out to all 1100 businesses in Lacey. (Recall that in the past, you were responsible for your own printing and still had to pay $125; for the additional $150, your black & white flyers are printed and folded for you.) To reserve your space, you need to reply to this message and make immediate arrangement for the payment of the $275; no space will be officially reserved until the payment is received and no refunds will be given once the space is reserved. Once we have our nine participating members, we will get you each in touch with the printing/mailing company handling this for us. At that time, you will have the option to upgrade to double-sided and/or full color; the cost for those upgrades will be handled directly with the company. And finally, the mailer will go out the week of March 14. This is a hard deadline and will be honored even if one of the participating members has not completed its flyer. (The mailer will go out without your materials if you are not ready in time! I know this sounds harsh, but it is not fair to the other businesses participating if we allow one or two businesses to hold up the mailer for everyone. And this is in direct response to concerns that were raised in the past the mailer took too long to go out such that a participating member’s flyers might have gone stale between printing and mailing.)
We encourage you to sign up only if you can commit to meeting the deadlines. Also, I encourage you to make sure that your advertising to the targeted audience; this is going to businesses in town, not residences.
UPCOMING MEMBER EVENTS
- Ocean County Library - Lacey Branch is hosting the 3rd session of their "So You're Thinking of Starting Your Own Business" on 3/8/16 from 6 -8 pm. Topics to be covered will be developing Business Plans and Financing Details. Refreshments provided by Kearny Bank. Please register for each workshop separately. For more information, please call Nancy Voitko, Branch Manager at 609-693-8566 x3925
- The Lacey Elks Lodge will be hosting their Run for the Heroes event of 3/19/16. Sponsorships are available for the event and pre-registration for race participants is suggested. Please reference the attached flyers for more information on these events.
- Play Day Place will be hosting an after hours event on 4/19/16. Feel free to bring your kids to play while you network. Adults Free - Children $7.95
Fellow Area Chamber Events
- Barnegat/Waretown Chamber
3/5/16 10 am -2 pm Home and Family Expo - vendor tables are available
3/10/16 5-30 PM All about You Networking Event
The Grand Ballroom at Greenbriar
2/24/16 6 PM Speed Networking
Dutchmans in Manahawkin
4/30/16 11 AM- 4PM Touch a Truck - vendor tables are available