Created on Saturday, 19 October 2013 19:16
Written by LCoC
Hello members! Boy oh boy, there are a lot of updates in this email! Sit back, grab a drink, and read on:
1. Bulk Mailers: They are projected to be done this Monday, 10/21! Thank you to Maureen, our Worden House volunteer; and other members if they were able to help her. Jim and I will be bringing all of the letters to the TR post office sometime next week to get them mailed!
2. Welcome Bags: I have the list from the tax assessor’s office. There are 82 homes that we will be delivering bags to. I will be at the Worden House office (103 N. Main St in FR) on Monday, 10/28/13 from 9am-10am. That is your last opportunity to drop off your promo materials to get them in the bags. Community Options has once again volunteered to stuff and deliver these bags. Let’s give them a big thank you in advance!
3. From Community Options: They are doing a 5K run on 2/8/14. It is a bit away, but important to be on the radar! Cupid’s Chase is the largest, national charity 5K in the United States benefiting people with disabilities. See their attached invite for details.
4. Asbury Park Press’s Best of the Best Winners: We have winners in our Chamber! Please see the attached list. AND… if we missed your business as winner, please let me know right away, so we can edit it. Congrats to all!
5. From ADE Heating & Cooling: 2 things to share. They are once again a Toys for Tots drop off site. Please see their attached flyer for details. And, as one of the Best of the Best winners, please see ADE’s latest ad.
6. From Dreamscapes Music Productions: Music Lessons in voice, guitar, piano, bass, drums, trumpet & songwriting! See their attached price list for more details.
7. From the Municipal Alliance: Along with the Lacey Township School District, the MUA is sponsoring a Red Ribbon Week Parent Program. On 10/22/13, 7pm, at the LTHS Auditorium, they will have featured speaker Michael Deleon of “Steered Straight”. See the flyer for more details.
8. From FR Rotary: Black Thursday, 11/7/13, at the Captain’s Inn. See the PDF for details.
9. From Lacey Recreation Dept: Princess Enchanted Breakfast, 11/16/13, 9:30a-12:30p, at the Captain’s Inn. Tickets available at Lacey Rec. See the attached JPEG for more details.
10. Elections: Election time is quickly approaching. The elections will take place at the November 13th meeting. One member from each business is eligible to vote, but you must be at this meeting to cast your vote! Elections are different from past years. You are nominating persons to take a director’s position, not necessarily voting them in to a specific seat. The officer positions were discussed at the September & October meetings.
11. Membership Drive: We are in full swing for this membership drive! It will run from 9/22/13 – 12/20/13. For the current member that brings in the most new paid members, you will win FREE membership dues for 2014 (it will be based on your own membership anniversary date). To be eligible to win, you have to bring in at least 2 new paid members. Who doesn’t like FREE? It’s a savings of $180! So spread the word on why you enjoy being in this Chamber, and make sure your referrals write your name on their application on the “referred by” line.
12. Next Meeting: We have a meeting on November 13th, 6:30pm, at the Captain’s Inn. Please RSVP your attendance. This is a dinner meeting and the cost is $18 per person. Our speaker is Lee Rubin. The member spotlight will be on Darcie King, with Our Gang Players.