Nov 23rd Newsletter
Created on Saturday, 23 November 2013 10:07
Written by LCoC
Happy Friday, members! Here are some updates for events on the horizon and information from some of our members:
1. Christmas Parade: Sunday, December 1st, 3pm, parking lot of Lacey United Methodist Church. Please let us know if you are participating in walking in the parade with the Chamber. We need members to hand out candy canes to the kids and fliers to the adults on the sidelines. We ask that you arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of time, so we can get in place without rushing. Also, please let us know if you can help on Saturday, November 30th with setting up the float.
2. Christmas Party: Wednesday, December 11th, 6:30-9:30pm, Captains’ Inn. $18 per person, buffet dinner, live music, cash bar. Bring your spouse/partner/loved one/friend. Also, please bring a canned food item for the Lacey Food Bank. You can pay ahead of time, or at the door, but please RSVP your headcount. See Here for more info
3. Forked River Rotary: We are partnering up to help the FR Rotary with getting items for needy kids this Christmas in Lacey Township. The category we are focusing on is sporting goods. Please consider to buy items such as soccer balls, basketballs, whiffle ball sets, Nerf footballs, items sporting related, etc. We will be collecting these items at the December 11th Christmas Party.
4. Helping the Bodzak Family: Our Chamber members have really stepped up! To date, members have donated over $1100 in cash, gift cards, checks, and physical items to help out this family. The Bodzak’s house burnt down, and only recently did they find a rental for them all to stay in. But they still need help! This family consists of the mom, dad, 3 adult children, a 10 year old child, plus 2 dogs. The deadline for donations is December 11th, at our Christmas Party. We will collect it all and give to Rhiannon Mindas, of Nukem Pest Management, who is organizing the donations for the family.
5. From Axis Builders: They are looking to hire! They need someone to work at their office to answer phones, greet customers at showroom, do some book keeping, handle mail, fill out permits, filing, etc. If interested, please call 609-489-6305.
6. From Veridian: Want to learn more about how you can save money and live green? Click the Veridian attachment for more information.
7. From ADE Heating & Cooling: They are again a Toys for Tots drop off site AND they are doing a winter coat drive! The Toys for Tots program collect new, unwrapped toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. Donate a new or gently used coat and receive $15 off your next ADE HVAC service. See the Here for more info.
8. Thanksgiving Donations: Donations were mailed out or hand delivered this week to local churches in Lacey Township that run Thanksgiving food basket/gift card programs. They were given $300 each.
9. Membership Drive: This membership drive runs until 12/20/13. To be eligible to win, a current member must bring in at least 2 new paid members. The winner gets FREE membership dues for 2014 (based on your membership anniversary date). Who doesn’t like FREE? It’s a savings of $180! So spread the word on why you enjoy being in this Chamber, and make sure your referrals write your name on their application on the “referred by” line.
Have a good Thanksgiving next week everyone! I will do another email blast after the holiday. J