Dec 6Th Newsletter
Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 21:16
Written by Lcoc
Good afternoon members! See below for important information:
1. 2014 Board of Directors: The new Board is as follows:
a. President: John Cafiero
b. Vice-President: Jim Spaloss
c. Treasurer: LuAnn Ford
d. Secretary: Jason Henbest
e. Director of Communications: Lyle Smith
f. Director of Operations: Alan Thatcher
2. Thank You: Thank you to our members, and their family members, that attended the Christmas Parade this past weekend. We handed out a lot of candy canes and fliers. If you are interested in seeing pictures, they are on the Chamber’s Facebook business page and the website, www.laceychamberofcommerce.com
3. Christmas Party: Our Party is next week, Wednesday, December 11th, 6:30-9:30pm, Captains’ Inn. I need your RSVP! You can certainly RSVP up until that day, but it does help the Captain’s Inn to know how many people are attending. Members and additional loved ones (spouse/partner/friend) are encouraged to attend. $18 per person, buffet dinner, live music, cash bar. Please bring a canned food item for the Lacey Food Bank. You can pay ahead of time, or at the door, but please RSVP your headcount.
4. Forked River Rotary: We are partnering up to help the FR Rotary with getting items for needy kids this Christmas in Lacey Township. The category we are focusing on is sporting goods. Please consider to buy items such as soccer balls, basketballs, whiffle ball sets, Nerf footballs, items sporting related, etc. We will be collecting these items at the December 11th Christmas Party.
5. Helping the Bodzak Family: The Bodzak’s house burnt down, and only recently did they find a rental for them all to stay in. But they still need help! The deadline for donations is December 11th, at our Christmas Party. We will collect it all and give to Rhiannon Mindas, of Nukem Pest Management, who is organizing the donations for the family.
6. From Lacey Township EMS: Celebrate with Santa! Thursday, 12/12/13, 5-9pm, Latitudes on the River. See attached flyer for details.
7. From Spaloss Studios: Some of our chamber members have had signs and trucks lettered by Jim Spaloss, of Spaloss Studios, here in Forked River. But did you know that Jim also is an artist who paints, sculpts, blows glass, carves, etc? You are invited to attend an art demonstration with working artists doing painting, pottery, and more next Friday, 12/13/13, starting at 6 pm., to take place at Shore Vineyard Church, 1 S. Main Street, S. Toms River. Jim will be among the artists demonstrating that evening. One of a kind art pieces will also be offered for sale. No admission.
8. Toys for Tots: A.D.E. Heating & Cooling AND Home Turf Yard & Home Maintenance are drop off locations for Toys for Tots. A.D.E. Heating & Cooling is located at 719 Old Shore Road in Forked River and is accepting donations through the middle of December. Home Turf is located at 3 Union Boulevard in Barnegat and is accepting donations through December 11th.
9. From ADE Heating & Cooling: They are again a Toys for Tots drop off site AND they are doing a winter coat drive! The Toys for Tots program collect new, unwrapped toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. Donate a new or gently used coat and receive $15 off your next ADE HVAC service. See the PDFs for more details.
10. From JD Printing: They are offering all of the new Chamber members 10% OFF their printing order for the whole month of December! Stop in to meet them, get great quality printing & save money too! They are also making advertising deals on placemats at LACEY DINER and THE BRUNCH SPOT in Waretown. Call 609-971-6670!
11. From SocialTrend Internet Solutions: Did you know that they recently did a new and improved website for fellow Chamber member, Home Turf? Check it out! www.hometurfmaintenance.com
12. Nukem Pest Management: Mark & Rhiannon welcomed in their 4th child, Reagan, on Monday, 12/2/13. She weighed 5.2 lbs and was 19 inches long. Congrats to the Mindas Family!
Looking forward to seeing you all at the Christmas Party next week! Have a great weekend!